Happy Thanksgiving! I’ve just returned from assistant teaching my first kindergarten class here in Issafen, and thought it would be a good time to reflect on what I’m thankful for this year:
- Being in Morocco, and more specifically Issafen. Since the move, I’ve really come into myself as a volunteer and have loved being here. The people are great, the work is great, the scenery is beautiful, and I have an amazing site mate (and puppy) to share it all with. When I think about myself a year ago, I had never imagined I would be so happy here.
- All of my family and friends from back home who have supported me. Especially my parents for visiting and sending essential care packages!
- Rose (obviously) for offering companionship and entertainment.
- The existence of the McFlurry.
- Miriam and Fatima from kindergarten today who let me sit with them during snack.
- The t.v. show The West Wing.
- My upcoming trip to Paris, Dublin, and America!
- The fact that Meredith and I have found the perfect pumpkin pie recipe!
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!